Eastern and Southern
Welcome to the Eastern and Southern Branch
Members of the Eastern and Southern Branch Committee at a recent Committee Meeting
Until 1998, the area comprising London and the South East of England was the preserve of the Headquarters of the Society, but was not served by a dedicated branch. This has been rectified, and our large and active branch now offers members:
- A monthly bulletin containing Society news, articles and detailed route news information. Bulletins alternate each month between the Eastern area (covering Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, South Lincolnshire, and Suffolk); and the Southern area (covering Berkshire, Hampshire (except the New Forest), Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey, East and West Sussex). Note that we do not produce route news for the Transport for London area, which is covered in great detail by our friends at LOTS.
- A programme of tours and visits throughout the year, including a series of study tours using scheduled bus services.
- Membership of two active local groups – the Essex and South Suffolk Group; and the Herts and Beds Group.
- The opportunity to attend the monthly Headquarters meetings, which are held at London Underground HQ at St James’s Park (see the separate Headquarters web page).
The members of the Branch Committee of the Eastern and Southern Branch are:
- Roger Barton (Chairman)
- Andy Gipson (Secretary)
- Bernard Simpson (Treasurer)
- Alan Cornwell (Visits Secretary)
- David Whiteside (Editor, Eastern Bulletin)
- Peter Offord (Editor, Southern Bulletin)
- Ian Barlex (Distribution Officer)
- Andrew Barton
We look forward to welcoming you to our branch!
Alan Cornwell - Omnibus Society, Eastern and Southern Branch, 100 Sandwell Street, Walsall, WS1 3EB
Telephone - 01689 858155