Eastern and Southern
Welcome to the Eastern and Southern Branch
Eastern & Southern Branch members and guests on a recent tour to commemorate 90 years of the Eastern National company
Our large and active branch offers members:
- A monthly bulletin containing Society news, articles and detailed route news information, covering both the Eastern area (Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, South Lincolnshire, and Suffolk) and the Southern area (Berkshire, Hampshire (except the New Forest), Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey, East and West Sussex). We do not produce route news for the Transport for London area, which is covered in great detail by our friends at the London Omnibus Traction Society (LOTS).
- A programme of tours and visits throughout the year, including a series of study tours using scheduled bus services.
- Membership of the very active local group – the Herts and Beds Group.
- The opportunity to attend the monthly London meetings (see the separate London meetings page).
We are delighted to announce a programme of Chelmsford Meetings in conjunction with the Essex Bus Enthusiasts Group, which will start in September 2023. They will be held at Quaker Meeting House, Rainsford Road, Chelmsford, CM1 2QL on Wednesday evenings. Doors open for a social chat at 19.00, with the presentation starting at 19.45. Details are in our calendar; click here (though please note the October 2023 meeting will be in the afternoon at 14.00 for 14.30 at Chelmsford Central Baptist Church). The Quaker Meeting House is only a five-minute walk from Chelmsford Bus and Railway stations.
The members of the Branch Committee of the Eastern and Southern Branch are:
- Roger Barton (Chairman)
- Andy Gipson (Secretary)
- Bernard Simpson (Treasurer)
- Ian Barlex (Bulletin Editor and Distribution Officer)
- Andrew Barton, Nicolas Collins, Richard Delahoy
We look forward to welcoming you to our branch!