Omnibus Society Presidential Weekend 2018
21 Sep 2018
based in Nottingham
Mark Fowles, Managing Director of Nottingham City Transport, is the President of the Omnibus Society for 2018.
His Presidential Weekend will be in Nottingham for the weekend of Friday 21st to Monday 24th September 2018. The programme includes: -
- Evening welcome by the President.
- Nottingham City Transport-hosted vehicle display in Old Market Square
- Visits to NCT Parliament Street, Trent Bridge and Gotham garages, seeing gas and electric filling stations, control room and works
- Evening Presidential Dinner at the Council House
- Visits to trentbarton Langley Mill garage and Stagecoach Mansfield depot
- Afternoon visit to the Nottingham Heritage Vehicle Charity museum at Hucknall
- Evening PHRG meeting - talk by OS member and local author Alan Oxley
- Travel by tram to visit NET Wilkinson Street depot
- Visit to Skills depot at Bulwell
- Return to hotel/station for approx 1330.
Accommodation is available at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Nottingham city centre. All booked guests for the weekend will receive a complimentary Robin Hood Travel Card for unlimited travel on buses and trams in the greater Nottingham area for the four days.
Full details and a booking form were sent to all members with Omnibus Magazine 528, April/May 2018. The final date for bookings is 30 June, so there is still time to book!